Kalahari Photographic Safari
Our Kalahari Photographic Safari are flexible. We have selected locations inside and outside of the Transfrontier Park. We have decided to choose all of the Kalahari’s and shift our destination according to the seasons. The Kalahari is well known for the red sand dunes and the black maned Kalahari Lions. The contrasts of the colours of the landscapes make this ideal for photography. The abundance of predators and raptors found in the Kalahari is unique. Our aim is to explore the best that the semi-desert of the Kalahari has to offer.
The Photographic route is a combination of camping and accommodated safari. The reason for the combination is that the bush camps only allow for camping. Accommodation is very limited inside the park. Our Kalahari photographic safari is inclusive of all camping equipment.
This safari is the perfect for amateur photographers and wildlife enthusiasts. Photography and animal behaviour go hand in hand. Our professional guide will teach you the behaviour and habitats of the wildlife and birdlife of the Kalahari. Understanding the conduct of the wildlife gives a great advantage taking wildlife photography. One major factor is knowing what the animals are capable of and understanding the sensitive environment. This safari will allow us to study and capture the animals with our lenses.
The Kalahari is a semi-desert with nocturnal activities and a very sensitive ecosystem. The Kalahari is famous for its semi-desert colours and excellent watering holes. We focus our game drives on selected watering holes and staking out some areas.
Our Kalahari photographic safari are small group safaris only.
- Maximum six people per safari.
- Window seat guaranteed.
- Professional guide.
- Flexible with private groups.
- Scheduled and private departures.
- Kgalagadi Lodge accommodation.
- Healthy fresh meals prepared.
- All park fees, conservation fees and camping fees are inclusive.
The Area that we visit with our safaris.
- Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park.
Kalahari Photographic Safaris
- Wide angle lenses for night photography and Landscape Photography.
- A focus lens of min 300mm will be required.
- Binoculars and battery chargers.
- A minimum of two batteries is required.
- A tablet or laptop to review your photographs at night.
- Lense and camera cleaning kit.
- Tripod for night photography and hides at Campsites.
- We collect and drop clients in Upington.
Our Recommended Travel times.
- September – April.
Minimum of 4 people secures a departure.
Join our team and explore the Kalahari. The light in the Kalahari is unique. The colour of the vast landscapes and wildlife makes this a very special photographic destination. This Photographic tour is a camping safari.
You are welcome to upgrade to accommodation. Camping inside the park is subject to availability.
- Guided safari vehicle
- Meals as indicated
- Park fees, entrance fees, conservation fees
- Mineral water supplied
- Camping equipment supplied
- Transfers from Upington to Kalagadi
- Transfers from Kgalagadi to Upington
- Airport Transfers
- Pre and post tour accommodations
- Travel Insurance
- Night Game Drives
R19500 per person